It has had worked with the following nomenclatures:
1. Council of the Lieutenant Governor of the Punjab (1897 to 1920)
2. Punjab Legislative Council (1921 to 1936)
3. Punjab Legislative Assembly (1937 to 1955)
4. Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan (1956 to 1969)
5. Provincial Assembly of the Punjab (1972 to date) During military regimes, it has also worked as:
1. West Pakistan Development Advisory Council (1960 to 1961)
2. Provincial Council of the Punjab (1980 to 1984)
The General Clauses Act, 1898.
Sir Louis William Dane (moved on November 1, 1897 and passed on April 15, 1898).
Major Sir Sikander Hayat Khan, K.B.E. (West Punjab, Landholders) (1937-1942)
Khan Bahadur Chaudhry Sir Shahab-ud-Din, Kt. B.A., LL.B. (April 6, 1937 to March 19, 1945)
Sardar Bahadur Sardar Mahtab Sing (Lahore — Sikh Urban) (February 23, 1921 to October 24, 1921)
On November 17, 1935.
Sir Jogindra Singh, Minister for Agriculture.
On November 10, 1938.
July 25, 2018.
The first session of the Assembly was held from August 15, 2018 to August 19, 2018.
August 14, 2023
371 (297 general seats, 66 seats reserved for women and 8 reserved for non-Muslims).
One fourth of the total membership of Assembly (i.e. 93) is required for quorum.
The Assembly has a total of forty-five Standing Committees (thirty-nine Standing Committees for Government Departments and six other Standing Committees, i.e. PAC-I, PAC-II, Privileges, Finance Committee of Assembly, Committee on Government Assurances and Library Committee). In addition to these Committees, there are some specialized Committees constituted from time to time for specific purposes, e.g. Special Committee, Select Committee, Business Advisory Committee, House Committee, etc.
Each Standing Committee consists of ten members. The Minister and the Parliamentary Secretary concerned are additional members (ex-officio members) of a Committee. Both the Public Accounts Committees as well as the Committee on Privileges have the membership of thirteen members.