Chapter XIX - AMENDMENTS OF RULES
244A. Procedure for amendment.– (1) Unless the Speaker otherwise directs, not less than fifteen clear days' notice of a motion for leave to amend these rules shall be given to the Secretary along with the proposed amendment.
(2) The Secretary shall, as soon as may be, circulate the notice to the members.
(3) The motion shall be included in the List of Business, if the Assembly is in session, within seven days of the expiry of the period of notice given under sub-rule (1) or if the Assembly is not in session, within seven days of the commencement of the next session.
(4) When the motion is reached, the Speaker shall read out the proposed amendment to the Assembly and ask whether the member has the leave of the Assembly. If objection is taken, the Speaker shall call such of the members as may be in favour of leave being granted to rise in their seats, and, if the majority of the members present does not so rise, he shall declare that the member has not the leave of the Assembly, or if no objection is taken or such membership so rises, the Speaker shall declare that the member has the leave of the Assembly.
(5) When a member has the leave of the Assembly under sub-rule (4), he may move that the proposed amendment be taken into consideration and to such a motion any other member may move an amendment that the proposed amendment be referred to the Standing Committee on Law and Parliamentary Affairs.
(6) If the motion for consideration is carried, the proposed amendment will be put to the Assembly immediately for decision. If the amendment to refer the proposed amendment to the Committee is carried, the matter shall be referred to the Committee.
(7) After the proposed amendment has been referred to the Committee, the procedure in regard to a Bill similarly committed shall be, as far as may be, followed with such variations as the Speaker may consider necessary.
(8) Unless otherwise decided by the Assembly, the rule or the amendment of a rule that has been passed by the Assembly, shall come into force on the day the same is notified in the Official Gazette.]
245. Repeal.– The Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab, 1973 are hereby repealed.