List of Business
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE
LIST OF BUSINESS
THE MEETING OF THE ASSEMBLY TO BE HELD ON
Recitation from the Holy Qur’an and its Translation
LAW & PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS AND
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKS DEPARTMENTS
to be asked and answers given
A MINISTER to move that the Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Bill 2005, as recommended by Standing Committee on Services & General Administration, be taken into consideration at once.
A MINISTER to move that the Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Bill 2005 be passed.
2. GENERAL DISCUSSION
General Discussion on “
Note: Copy of the brief regarding the Chief Minister’s initiative for the improvement of the Police Stations is annexed.
Summary of Proceedings
Monday, July 5, 2006
Ch. Muhammad Afzal Sahi, Speaker, assumed the Chair and proceedings commenced with the recitation from the Holy Quran.
Questions relating to Law and Parliamentary Affairs and Communications & Works Departments were asked and answers wee given respectively by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law & Parliamentary Affairs and Chaudhry Zaheer-ud-Din Khan, Minister for Communications & Works.
On a Motion moved by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs, in pursuance of Rules 148, 149 and 150 of the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997, the three following Standing Committees were constituted with the consensus of the House, comprising following members.
1. STANDING COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE & INVESTMENT
1. Ch Bilal Asghar, MPA (PP-84)
2. Mrs Basma Riaz Chaudhry, MPA (PP-117)
3. Ch Muhammad Kamran Ali Khan, MPA/Par:Secy: for Revenue (PP-7)
4. Sahibzada Muzammal-ur-Rashid Abbasi, MPA (PP-268)
5. Chaudhry Tasneem Nasir, MPA (PP-25)
6. Syed Mujahid Ali Shah, MPA (PP-206)
7. Dr Syed Waseem Akhtar, MPA (PP-271)
8. Mrs Khalida Mansoor, MPA (W-356)
9. Sheikh Aziz Aslam, MPA (PP-297)
10. Mr Naveed Ammer, MPA (NM-370)
2. STANDING COMMITTEE ON MANAGEMENT & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1. Miss Misbah Kokab, Advocate, MPA (W-306)
2. Mr Javed Allo-ud-Din Sajid, MPA (PP-186)
3. Chaudhry Kashif Mehmood, MPA (PP-281)
4. Mrs Lubna Tariq, MPA/Par:Secy: for Tourism (W-311)
5. Raja Rashid Hafeez, MPA/Par:Secy: for LG & RD (PP-11)
6. Mr Ijaz Hussain Farhat, MPA/Par:Secy: for HUD (PP-20)
7. Syed Ihsan Ullah Waqas, MPA (PP-154)
8. Dr Asad Ashraf, MPA (PP-138)
9. Mr Shahid Anjum, MPA (PP-284)
10. Mr Amir Fida Paracha, MPA (PP-12)
3. STANDING COMMITTEE ON SPECIAL EDUCATION
1. Rai Farooq Umar Khan Kharal, MPA (PP-185)
2. Mr Muhammad Nasir Cheema, MPA (PP-97)
3. Mr Tanveer Aslam Malik, MPA (PP-21)
4. Chaudhry Muhammad Saqlain, MPA (PP-24)
5. Mr Aftab Ahmad Khan, MPA/Par:Secy: for Agri: Marketing (PP-221)
6. Malik Muhammad Asif Bha, MPA/Par:Secy: for Bait-ul-Maal (PP-41)
7. Miss Zaib-un-Nisa Qureshi, MPA (W-362)
8. Sh Ijaz Ahmad, MPA (PP-72)
9. Mr Muhammad Afzaal Mirza, Advocate, MPA (PP-33)
10. Rao Ijaz Ali Khan, MPA (PP-279)
- On a Motion moved by Ch. Abdullah Yousaf Warraich, Parliamentary Secretary for Law, the House granted extension in the time limit up to 31 July, 2006 for laying the report of the sub committee for Finance on the Privilege Motion No. 6/06 moved by Syed Ihsan Ullah Waqas.
- On a Motion moved by Malik Nazar Farid Khokhar, the House granted extension in the time limit up to 30 September, 2006 for laying the report of Privilege Committee on the Privilege Motion No. 27/06 moved by Syed Abdul Aleem Shah.
Total four Adjournment Motions were taken up. Out of which Adjournment Motions moved by Sheikh Alla-ud-Din and Malik Muhammad Javed Iqbal Awan were kept pending till next session. While Adjournment Motion of Ch. Zahid Pervaiz was disposed of due to his absence.
Adjournment Motion moved by Miss Zaib-un-Nisa Qureshi regarding sale of substandard and unhygienic meat by the butchers in Shahdra Lahore, was replied by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs and was disposed of.
“The Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Bill 2005 (Bill No. 23 of 2005)” was pended till next session on the request of Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs.
The general discussion on “Thana Environment Reform Proposals”, was resumed by Rana Sanaullah Khan and was wound up by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs. The following members actively participated in the discussion.
1. Rana Sanaullah Khan
2. Mr. Amar Usman Adil
3. Raja Riaz Ahmad
4. Malik Jalal Din Dhakoo
5. Mr. Arshad mehmood Baggu
6. Dr. Muhammad Javed Siddiqui
7. Sheikh Alla-ud-Din
8. Sheikh Ijaz Ahmad
9. Ms. Tahira Munir
10. Ch. Javed Ahmad
11. Ms. Abida Javed
12. Mr. Javed Hassan Gujjar
13. Ch. Nazar Hussain Gondal
14. Dr. Syed Waseem Akhtar
15. Mr. Abid Hussain Chattha
16. Ms. Parveen Masood Bhatti
17. Malik Ahmed Saeed Khan
18. Raja Muhammad Shafqat Khan Abbasi
19. Malik Muhammad Ahmed Khan
20. Makhdoom Syed Muhammad Mukhtar Hussain
21. Mr. Muhammad Bashrat Raja
The 25th session of the Assembly and Second session of the 4th Parliamentary Year was then prorogued, by the order of the Governor.