List of Business
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE
LIST OF BUSINESS
THE MEETING OF THE ASSEMBLY TO BE HELD ON THURSDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER 2006 AT 11:30 A.M.
Recitation from the Holy Qur’an and its Translation
to be asked and answers given
CALL ATTENTION NOTICES
Call Attention Notices, entered in the separate list,
to be asked and oral answers given
A MINISTER to move that the Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Bill 2005, as recommended by Standing Committee on S&GAD, be taken into consideration at once.
A MINISTER to move that the Punjab Employees Efficiency, Discipline and Accountability Bill 2005, be passed.
26 September 2006 Secretary
Summary of Proceedings
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Ch. Muhammad Afzal Sahi, Speaker, assumed the chair and proceedings commenced with the recitation from the Holy Quran.
PANEL OF CHAIRMEN:-
Under Rule 13 of Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997, the Secretary Punjab Assembly announced the panel of Chairmen in the following order:
1. Rai Ejaz Ahmad, PP-171
2. Malik Nazar Farid Khokhar, PP-192
3. Malik Jalal Din Dhakoo, PP-222
4. Rana Aftab Ahmad, PP-63
Questions relating to Education department were asked and answers were given by Minister for Education Mian Imran Masood.
CALL ATTENTION NOTICES:-
Two Call Attention Notices were taken up. The first notice was moved by Sheikh Ejaz Ahmad regarding rape and killing of two young girls ageing 22 years shazia and 6 years Miara within the vicinity of P.S. Kaler Kahar District Chakwal. The notice was disposed of after the statement given by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs.
The Second Notice moved by Syed Ihsan Ullah Waqas was about the killing of a young motorcyclist by firing of Police men near Muslim town More Lahore. The notice was replied by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs and was disposed off.
Total eight Privilege Motions were taken up. Out of which seven Privilege Motions moved by Syed Ihsan Ullah Waqas, Mr. Muhammad Ajasam Shariff, Mehr Ishtiaq Ahmad, Mr. Hafeez Ullah Khan and Mr. Muhammad Qamar Hayat Kathia were kept pending till Monday, October 2, 2006. The Privilege Motion of Mian Muhammad Asghar was disposed of due to his absence.
Total four Adjournment Motions were taken up. Out of which two Adjournment Motions carried from previous session were moved by Syed Ihsan Ullah Waqas and Sheikh Alla-ud-Din. The motions were kept pending till Monday, October 2, 2006, on the request of Mr. Mohammad Basharat Raja minister for law and parliamentary affairs.
While Adjournment Motion which had been moved by Malik Muhammad Javed Iqbal Awan during the last session was disposed of due to the absence of mover.
Adjournment Motion moved by Dr Syed Waseem Akhtar was about killing of imams of Masjid at the hands of general public on the suspicion of desecration of Holy Quran by them, burning its worn out papers. He suggested that the Government should make sufficient arrangement for disposal of worn out pages of the sacred books. The motion was answered by Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs and was disposed of.
LAYING OF COMMITTEE REPORTS:-
1. Ms. Parveen Sikandar Gill laid the report of the Standing Committee for Education on “The Punjab Education Foundation (Amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No. 25 of 2006)”, moved by Syeda Uzma Zahid Bokhari.
2. Mian Iftikhar Hussain Chhachhar laid the report of the Standing Committee for Agriculture on “The University of Agriculture, Faisalabad (amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No. 14 of 2006)”.
3. Reports of the Privilege Committee in respect of the following Privilege Motions were presented before the House by Malik Nazar Farid Khokhar:-
I. Privilege Motion No.47/05 moved by Syed Hassan Murtaza.
II. P.M. NO. 57/05 moved by Rai Farooq Umar Khan Kharal.
III. P.M. No. 08/06 moved by Ch. Khizar Ilyas Virk
IV. P.M. No. 12/06 moved by Mian Muhammad Latif Panwar Rajput
V. P.M. No. 14/06 moved by Mr. Javaid Manzoor Gill.
VI. P.M. No. 27/06 moved by Syed Abdul Aleem Shah.
4. Engineer Shahzad Ellahi laid the report of the Standing Committee for Housing, Urban Development & Public Health Engineering on “The Punjab Development of Cities (Amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No. 20 of 2006)”.
5. Syed Muhammad Rafi-ud-Din Bukhari laid the report of the Standing Committee for Industries on “The Punjab Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No. 18 of 2006)”.
6. Chaudhry Tasneem Nasir laid the report of the Standing Committee for Irrigation & Power on “The Canal and Drainage (Amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No.12 of 2006)”.
7. Dr. Muzaffar Ali Sheikh laid the report of the Standing Committee for Health on Adjournment Motion No. 801/05 moved by Rana Sana Ullah Khan, MPA (PP-70).
8. Mr. Asif Jilani Sheikh laid the report of the Standing Committee for S&GAD on “The Punjab Civil Servants (Amendment) Bill 2006 (Bill No. 15 of 2006)”.
Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affair moved the Motion that THE PUNJAB EMPLOYEES EFFICIENCY, DISCIPLINE AND ACCOUNTABILITY BILL 2005 (Bill No.23 of 2005) as recommended by the Standing Committee on S & GAD, be taken into consideration at once.
However at this stage the sitting was suspended for lack of quorum and then the House was adjourned till 9.00 am on Friday, 29 September 2006.