List of Business
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
LIST OF BUSINESS
THE MEETING OF THE ASSEMBLY TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY
12 DECEMBER 2018 AT 11:00 A.M.
Tilawat and Naat
(1) PRISONS; AND (2) HOME DEPARTMENTS
to be asked and answers given
INTRODUCTION OF BILLS
1. THE PUNJAB PREVENTION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Prevention of Conflict of Interest Bill 2018.
2. THE PUNJAB RIGHT TO PUBLIC SERVICES BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Right to Public Services Bill 2018.
3. THE PUNJAB DOMESTIC WORKERS BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Domestic Workers Bill 2018.
4. THE PUNJAB SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Skills Development Authority Bill 2018.
5. THE PUNJAB TECHNICAL EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (Amendment) Bill 2018.
6. THE PUNJAB BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (AMENDMENT) BILL 2018
A MINISTER to introduce the Punjab Board of Technical Education (Amendment) Bill 2018.
Lahore: Muhammad Khan Bhatti
11 December 2018 Secretary
Summary of Proceedings
Summary of the Proceedings
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Started at 12:43 p.m.
with a recitation from the Holy Qur’an and its Urdu translation followed by Naat-e-Rasool-e-Maqbool ﷺ.
In Chair Sardar Dost Muhammad Mazari, Deputy Speaker
Announcement by the Chair regarding arrest of Khawaja Sulman Rafiq, MPA
The Chair announced that Mr. Muhammad Mazhar Javed, Additional Director, office of Director General NAB, Lahore vide his letter dated 11 December 2018, has communicated intimation about arrest of Khawaja Sulman Rafiq, MPA (PP-157), as required under Rule 77 of Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997 and read out the intimation as received from the respective office.
Questions relating to Prisons and Home Departments were asked and Mr. Zawar Hussain Warraich, Minister for Prisons answered the questions and Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law & Parliamentary Affairs replied to the questions related to Home Department in terms of notification issued by S&GAD empowering him to look after the Assembly Business and to reply to the Assembly questions.
Two Adjournment Motions were taken up. Mr. Gulraiz Afzal Gondal moved an Adjournment Motion regarding illegal cutting of forests trees at Phaguwal District Sargodhawas kept pending and the second Motion of Choudhary Ashraf AliMurad Raas, Minister for Schools Education.
Introduction of Bills
Mr. Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law & Parliamentary Affairs Introduced the following Bills, which were referred to the Special Committee-I with the direction to submit its reports within two months:-
1. The Punjab Prevention of Conflict of Interest Bill 2018
2. The Punjab Right to Public Services Bill 2018
3. The Punjab Domestic Workers Bill 2018
4. The Punjab Skills Development Authority Bill 2018
5. The Punjab Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (Amendment) Bill 2018
6. The Punjab Board of Technical Education (Amendment) Bill 2018
The House was then adjourned at 02:44 p.m. to meet on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.