Notifications For Special COMMITTEES
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
N O T I F I C A T I O N
22 JULY 2020
SPECIAL COMMITTEE NO. 12
No.PAP/Legis-1(22)/2018/2291. In exercise of all the powers enabling him in this behalf and pursuant to the mandate granted by the House during the sitting held on July 15, 2020, Mr Speaker has been pleased to constitute Special Committee No.12 in terms of rule 187 of the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997, comprising the following:
1. Mr Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law Convenor
2. Mr Sajid Ahmed Khan, MPA (PP-67) Member
3. Mian Shafi Muhammad, MPA (PP-258) Member
4. Nawab Zada Waseem Khan Badozai, MPA (PP-213) Member
5. Mr Rais Nabeel Ahmad, MPA (PP-265) Member
6. Mr Muhammad Moavia, MPA (PP-126) Member
7. Ms Khadija Umer, MPA (W-362) Member
8. Ms Sumaira Ahmed, MPA (W-306) Member
9. Mr Sami Ullah Khan, MPA (PP-144) Member
10. Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan, MPA (PP-176) Member
11. Mr Khalil Tahir Sindhu, MPA (NM-368) Member
2. The Special Committee shall:
i) review the Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997;
ii) propose amendments in the said Rules to bring them at par with the Rules and best practices of sister Assemblies of Pakistan particularly with an aim to strengthen the Standing Committees of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on the pattern of the Parliament of Pakistan.
3. The Special Committee may co-opt any other Member of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab whom it may deem necessary for discharge of its functions.
4. The Special Committee shall submit its report to the Speaker within a period of three months.
5. The Research Officer (Legal Drafting), Provincial Assembly of the Punjab shall assist the Special Committee.
MUHAMMAD KHAN BHATTI