Notification for Special Committee No.2
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
N O T I F I C A T I O N
OCTOBER 24, 2018
SPECIAL COMMITTEE NO. 2
No.PAP/Legis-1(22)/2018/1867. During the proceedings of the House on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, Mr Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law & Parliamentary Affairs, on a point of order, apprised the House that the cost of ongoing schemes of 2007-08 escalated manifold due to unnecessary and criminal delay by the previous Government. He requested the Chair to constitute a Committee of the House to probe into the matter. Hon’ble Speaker endorsed his view and desired that the Minister for Law may move for constitution of a Special Committee as required by Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997.
2. Accordingly, on Wednesday, October 24, 2018, on a motion moved by Minister for Law, the House constituted the following Special Committee No.2 in terms of rule 187 of the Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997:
1. Mr Muhammad Basharat Raja, Convener
Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs
2. Ch Zaheer Ud Din, Minister for Public Prosecution Member
3. Makhdoom Hashim Jawan Bakht, Minister for Finance Member
4. Sardar Muhammad Asif Nakai, Member
Minister for Communication & Works
5. Mr Muhammad Latasub Satti, MPA (PP-6) Member
6. Chaudhary Sajid Mehmood, MPA (PP-9) Member
7. Mr Muhammad Muneeb Sultan Cheema, MPA (PP-75) Member
8. Ms Zainab Umair, MPA (W-323) Member
9. Ms Khadija Umer, MPA (W-362) Member
10. Mr Rais Nabeel Ahmad, MPA (PP-265) Member
11. Malik Ghulam Qasim Hinjra, MPA (PP-268) Member
12. Mr Nazir Ahmad Chohan, MPA (PP-167) Member
3. Special Committee No.2 shall probe into the escalation of cost in the said schemes in the Punjab due to unnecessary and criminal delay of the previous Government.
4. The Committee shall fix the responsibility thereof and shall submit its report along with its recommendations within a period of two months.
5. The Committee may consider any other matter referred to it by the House subsequently.
6. The Committee may co-opt any other hon’ble Member of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
MUHAMMAD KHAN BHATTI