Notification for Special Committee No.3
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
N O T I F I C A T I O N
18 DECEMBER 2018
SPECIAL COMMITTEE NO. 3
No.PAP/Legis-1(22)/2018/1888. During the proceedings of the House on Wednesday, December 12, 2018, the Members belonging to the Opposition raised the issue of arrest of Khawaja Sulman Rafiq, MPA (PP-157) and requested the Chair to issue Production Order enabling him to attend the ongoing Assembly Session. On the next day, i.e., on Thursday, December 13, 2018, the same issue was raised again. Mr Parvez Elahi, Speaker, who was presiding the sitting, apprised the House that there was no provision to this effect present in the Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997. He assured the House that he would constitute a Committee to consider bringing an amendment to this effect in the said Rules.
2. Next day, i.e., on Friday, December 14, 2018, Sardar Dost Muhammad Mazari, Deputy Speaker, while presiding the sitting, announced that Mr Parvez Elahi, Speaker, in consultation with the Leader of the House, had been pleased to decide that a multi-party Committee of the House would be constituted to consider bringing amendment in the said Rules.
3. Accordingly, in pursuance of the aforesaid announcement made in the House, and with the sense of the House, the following Special Committee No.3, is constituted in terms of rule 187 of the Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997:
1. Mr Muhammad Basharat Raja, Convener
Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs
2. Ch Zaheer Ud Din, Minister for Public Prosecution Member
3. Mian Muhammad Aslam Iqbal, Member
Minister for Industries, Commerce & Investment
4. Mr Saeed Akbar Khan, MPA (PP-90) Member
5. Mr Muhammad Moavia, MPA (PP-126) Member
6. Mr Muhammad Waris Shad, MPA (PP-84) Member
7. Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan, MPA (PP-176) Member
8. Syed Hassan Murtaza, MPA (PP-95) Member
4. Special Committee No.3 shall consider addition of provision of Production Order in the said Rules.
5. The Committee may consider any matter which shall be ancillary thereto as well as any other matter referred to it by the House subsequently.
6. The Committee may co-opt any other hon’ble Member of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
MUHAMMAD KHAN BHATTI