Notification of Special Committee No.6
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
N O T I F I C A T I O N
May 2, 2019
SPECIAL COMMITTEE NO. 6
No.PAP/Legis-1(22)/2018/2010. On Monday, April 29, 2019, a Resolution moved by Mr Ammar Yasir, Minister for Mines & Minerals, Punjab was unanimously passed by the Assembly. The Resolution points out spread of sectarianism, distortion of Islamic History, particularly with reference to a book titled “Islam—Beliefs and Practices”; and use of Social Media for similar purposes. Mr Speaker proposed that a Special Committee be constituted on the issue. The House supported his proposal.
2. The following Special Committee No.6 is, therefore, constituted in terms of rule 187 of the Rules of Procedure of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997:
1. Syed Sumsam Ali Shah Bukhari Convenor
Minister for Information & Culture
2. Mr Muhammad Basharat Raja, Minister for Law & PA Member
3. Mr Murad Raas, Minister for Schools Education Member
4. Mr Ammar Yasir, Minister for Mines & Minerals Member
5. Mr Abdul Aleem Khan, MPA (PP-158) Member
6. Mian Shafi Muhammad, MPA (PP-258) Member
7. Mr Sajid Ahmed Khan, MPA/Parliamentary Secretary (PP-67) Member
8. Mr Muhammad Moavia, MPA (PP-126) Member
9. Khawaja Sulman Rafiq, MPA (PP-157) Member
10. Mr Muhammad Illyas, MPA (PP-94) Member
11. Mr Abu Hafas Muhammad Ghayas-ud-Din, MPA (PP-47) Member
3. The Committee shall:
(i) deliberate extensively on the issue mentioned in the resolution;
(ii) prepare recommendations to curb this menace; and
(iii) present its reports in the Assembly within a period of two months.
4. The Committee may co-opt any other Member of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
5. The Committee may seek assistance from any Department of Provincial Government and the Federal Government (with the permission of Federal Government) which it may deem necessary for discharge of its functions.
BY ORDER OF SPEAKER