Notification for Special Committee No.13
PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PUNJAB
N O T I F I C A T I O N
03 September 2020
SPECIAL COMMITTEE NO. 13
No.PAP/Legis-1(22)/2018/2353. Pursuant to the decision of the Assembly made during the sitting held on September 2, 2020, and in exercise of all the powers enabling him in this behalf, the Speaker, Provincial Assembly of the Punjab has been pleased to constitute Special Committee No.13 in terms of rule 187 of the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab 1997, comprising the following:
1. Mr Parvez Elahi, Speaker Convenor
2. Mian Shafi Muhammad, MPA (PP-258) Member
3. Nawab Zada Waseem Khan Badozai, MPA (PP-213) Member
4. Syed Usman Mehmood, MPA (PP-264) Member
5. Malik Ahmad Ali Aulakh, MPA (PP-280) Member
6. Malik Jamshaid Altaf, MPA (PP-5) Member
7. Raja Yawar Kamal Khan, MPA (PP-25) Member
8. Ms Sonia, MPA (PP-123) Member
9. Mr Sajid Ahmed Khan, MPA (PP-67) Member
10. Malik Nadeem Kamran, MPA (PP-197) Member
11. Mian Manazar Hussain Ranjha, MPA (PP-74) Member
12. Malik Muhammad Ahmad Khan, MPA (PP-176) Member
2. The Special Committee shall:
i) deliberate extensively the issues relating to Agriculture in the Punjab;
ii) provide policy guidelines on increasing productivity, value, safety, efficiency and access to new markets in agriculture, horticulture and food sector by use of modern technologies and innovative practices procurement of quality seeds, construction of sugar cess roads;
iii) formulate policy regarding well-being of farmer community and taking steps for promotion of agriculture in the Province of the Punjab;
iv) ensure that all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to agriculture, farmers, agriculture workers, growers, food safety, livelihood are implemented;
v) suggest measures to strengthen and promote research and development of agriculture sciences and technologies and their application to enhance productivity, safety and innovation with a particular focus on advanced plant breeding techniques, seeds biotechnology and precision agriculture.
vi) adapt governance to new challenges and enhance the capacity of the Provincial institutions particularly research institutions engaged in agriculture development, supply chain management and grain storage; and
vii) ensure soil health and productive use of water for sustainable agricultural development with a particular focus on reducing losses, encouraging reuse and recycling.
3. The Special Committee may add to or alter the above ToRs.
4. The Special Committee may co-opt any other Member of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab whom it may deem necessary for discharge of its functions.
5. All the concerned Ministers, administrative Secretaries and heads of the Government of the Punjab and line departments/organizations shall assist the Special Committee in discharge of its functions.
6. The Special Committee shall prepare recommendations and submit its report in the Assembly.
7. The Special Committee may also consider any other matter referred to it by the House.
8. The Research Officer (General), Provincial Assembly of the Punjab shall assist the Special Committee.
MUHAMMAD KHAN BHATTI